Hi all, the below was some advice sent to me about the coronavirus. Please see the below.
From a young researcher who had been transferred from Shenzhen to Wuhan to collaborate with the task force that is fighting the coronavirus pandemic, we receive and share this information, which describes exactly what the virus is, how it transfers from one person to another and how it can be neutralised in everyday life.
Corona virus infection does not cause a cold with a dripping nose or catarrhal cough, but a dry cough: this is the easiest thing to know.
The virus does not resist heat and dies if exposed to temperatures of 26-27 degrees, therefore often consume hot drinks such as tea during the day, or simply hot water. Hot liquids neutralise the virus and it is not difficult to drink them. Avoid drinking ice water or eating ice cubes or snow for those in the mountains (children)!
For those who can do it, expose yourself to the sun!
1. The virus crown is quite large (diameter about 400-500 nanometers), therefore any type of mask can stop it: in normal life, special masks are not needed.
On the other hand, the situation is different for doctors and health professionals who are exposed to heavy virus loads and have to use special equipment.
If an infected person sneezes in front of you, three meters away they will drop the virus on the ground and prevent it from landing on you.
2. When the virus is found on metal surfaces, it survives for about 12 hours. So when you touch metal surfaces such as handles, doors, appliances, supports on trams, etc., wash your hands well and disinfect them carefully.
3. The virus can live nested in clothes and fabrics for about 6/12 hours: normal detergents can kill it. For clothes that cannot be washed every day, if you can expose them to the sun and the virus will die.
How it manifests itself:
1. The virus first installs itself in the throat, causing inflammation and a dry throat sensation: this symptom can last for 3/4 days.
2. the virus travels through the humidity present in the airways, descends into the trachea and installs in the lung, causing pneumonia. This step takes about 5/6 days.
3. Pneumonia occurs with high fever and difficulty breathing, it is not accompanied by the classic cold. But you may have the feeling of drowning. In this case, contact your doctor immediately.
How can you avoid it:
1. Virus transmission occurs mostly by direct contact, touching tissues or materials on which the virus is present: washing hands frequently is essential.
The virus only survives on your hands for about ten minutes, but in ten minutes many things can happen: rub your eyes or scratch your nose for example, and allow the virus to enter your throat …
So, for your own good and for the good of others, wash your hands very often and disinfect them!
2. You can gargle with a disinfectant solution that eliminates or minimizes the amount of virus that could enter your throat: in doing so, you eliminate it before it goes down into the trachea and then into the lungs.
3. disinfect the PC keyboard and mobile phones
The new coronavirus NCP * may not show signs of infection for many days, * before which it cannot be known if a person is infected. But by the time you have a fever and / or cough and go to the hospital, your lungs are usually already in 50% fibrosis and it’s too late!
Taiwanese experts suggest doing a simple check that we can do on our own every morning:
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you successfully complete it without coughing, without discomfort, a sense of oppression, etc., this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating essentially no infection.
In such critical times, do this check every morning in a clean air environment!
These are serious and excellent advice from Japanese doctors who treat COVID-19 cases. Everyone should make sure that their mouth and throat are moist, never DRY. Drink a few sips of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even if the virus gets into your mouth … water or other liquids will sweep it away through the esophagus and into the stomach. Once in the belly … Gastric acid in the stomach will kill all the virus. If you don’t drink enough water more regularly … the virus can get into your trumpets and lungs. It is very dangerous.
Share this information with your family, friends and acquaintances.